24 of the Best Blogs Highlighting Kiwi Recipes to Suit Even Your Kids
Did you know that kiwi fruit is the only fruit that contains vitamin E? Not only does it contain vitamin E, but a serving contains more than your daily requirement of vitamin C. Kiwi also contains potassium, so if you don’t like bananas you give kiwi a try instead. The kiwi contains actinidain, which is a protein-dissolving enzyme like the bromelain in pineapple. If you’ve had a heavy meal containing meat, you might accompany or follow that meal with kiwi to help your body digest all of that protein. This nutrition-packed fruit works well in breakfast options, salads and desserts. Take a look at these 24 blog entries to find plenty of recipes to enjoy kiwi in a variety of ways.
Now that you know what a powerhouse of nutrition kiwi is, you may want to start your day out with a good dose of one, but how do you eat it other than fresh? In these six blog posts you can find muffins, salsa and crepe recipes that incorporate this tart fruit. Take a look and see if any of them inspire you to add more kiwis to your diet.
- Paleo Vegetarian Breakfast (+A Recipe for Coconut Kiwi Muffins) Check out these muffins that manage to conform to rather strict eating guidelines while still being tasty.
- Almond Butter & Kiwi Breakfast Muffins English muffins make a tasty and healthy base to this breakfast treat.
- Smoothie Bar: Kiwi Avocado A healthy mix of kiwi, avocado and berries makes a creamy smoothie without the dairy.
- Kiwi Benefits, Facts, and Recipes Learn tons of facts about the benefits of eating kiwi and find some tasty fruit salad and smoothie recipes in this post.
- Salsa Kiwi Crepes Fill your crepes with salsa, pepper jack cheese and kiwi for a spicy start to your morning.
- Kiwi Blackberry Breakfast Cupcakes Get the recipe for healthy, yet satisfying breakfast cupcakes that use both kiwi and blackberries.
Kiwi fruits are so versatile that you can eat them on their own, in a fruit salad or in a lettuce salad. Try some of the salad recipes found in these six blog articles and learn the many different ways you can enjoy kiwi.
- Minted Tomato, Pepper, Feta Salad with Baby Kiwi The peppers give this salad a kick, while the baby kiwis are about the size of a cherry tomato and add a unique flair.
- Honey-Pecan Kiwi Salad Recipe Check out this recipe that combines the tartness of the kiwi with the sweetness of honey.
- Banana-Kiwi Salad Mix the creaminess of the bananas with the burst of sharpness from the kiwi to get an intriguing salad full of health benefits.
- Chef Walter’s Kiwi Chicken Salad Watch this video to learn how to put together this fresh salad.
- Recipe: Kiwi Baby Kale Salad Using some unique ingredients you can put together this yummy salad.
- Kiwi and Watermelon Salad Spinach is the base of this salad, and it’s mixed with the sweetness of watermelon, the tartness of the kiwi and the zing of red onion.
After School Snacks
Kids tend to enjoy fruit, but kiwi might be kind of weird for them at first. Start slowly by incorporating them into a smoothie and work your way up to some of the other yummy snack ideas that can be found in these six blog entries.
- Snack Time #1—Strawberry-Kiwi Parfait This snack is a healthy snack for both kids and grown-ups.
- Perk Up Breakfast and Snack Time with Kiwi Try this smoothie recipe with your kids after school today and they will thank you for it.
- Earth Day Snack Who says kids can’t play with their food? Make the continents using kiwi, blueberries and bananas.
- Kiwi Jalapeno Salsa This salsa uses very few ingredients and you can eat it with tortilla chips as an after school snack.
- Strawberry Kiwi Fruit Leather Find out how to make your own healthy fruit leather using simple ingredients.
- Strawberry Kiwi Greek Yogurt Popsicles This recipe works well as a healthy substitute for the sugar-filled popsicles you find at the store.
You may have seen kiwi on top of a fruit pizza, but other than that you may not have seen kiwi in a lot of desserts. For something new, why not try kiwi sorbet, a kiwi Pavlova or some baby kiwi cheesecake? For these and other recipes take a look at these six blog posts.
- Kiwi Sorbet Healthier than ice cream, this frozen dessert will hit the spot on a warm summer night.
- Recipe: Strawberry-Kiwi Dessert Pizza Kiwi fruit are a staple on fruit pizza because their color stands out and the flavor is a winner.
- Light Kiwi Lime Angel Food Mini Cupcakes Enjoy this healthy dessert after any meal – it’s so light you won’t feel weighed down after eating it.
- Kiwi Pavlova with Lime Zest Recipe A light meringue dessert featuring kiwi fruit adds a zing to the sweet Pavlova.
- Whole Foods Dessert: Blueberry Kiwi Tartlets Indulge in these tasty tartlets and reap the benefits of these two powerhouse fruits of kiwi and blueberry.
- Honey Glazed-Baby Kiwi Mascarpone Cheesecake Recipe This unusual dessert isn’t as hard to make as you might think, check it out.
Comments are closed.
- May 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- Find a Babysitter Agency
- Find a Babysitter Coupon
- Find a Babysitter Daycare
- Find a Babysitter Experience
- Find a Babysitter Easily
- Find a Babysitter for Free
- Find a Babysitter Fast
- Find a Babysitter for Twins
- Find a Babysitter Games
- Find a Babysitter Housekeeper
- Find a Babysitter in My Area
- Find a Babysitter Job
- Find a Babysitter Local
- Find a Babysitter Online
- Find a Babysitter Questions
- Find a Babysitter Review
- Find a Babysitter Rate
- Find a Babysitter Service